At Growing Chefs! Ontario, we believe food is to be enjoyed within the season it is grown! Our food is always fresh, local and seasonally inspired to guarantee deliciousness year-round. As such, we prefer not to offer a stock list of menus, but rather work with each individual client to create a specialized menu using the freshest of ingredients available.
To provide some basics:
- Lunch packages begin at $40pp+hst
- Dinner packages begin at $60pp+hst
Detailed menus and final costs to be decided upon after consultation with Executive Chef, Katherine Jones. Please contact Jen Wyant for reduced non-profit rates.
Take a look at some of our Private Event Options below:
- Cooking Class Packages:Each private/corporate cooking class promises a high-energy, hands-on experience, which includes excellent professional Chef-led instruction! It is a true team-building experience, lasting approximately 3 – 4 hours in duration, followed by a sit-down meal. These classes accommodate a minimum of 15 people, to a maximum of 24 people, in order for the full experience to be enjoyed by all, and to meet minimum spend requirements. If your group is larger than 24, we are able to modify an a class that will work for your numbers, and/or move the class to our second location at The Grove; please contact us directly for a detailed discussion. If your group is smaller than 15, you are still able to book privately by spending the minimum required ($1500+hst).
- Wedding Packages: Wedding meals begin at $75pp+hst and include a 3‑course meal. To discuss full wedding options, please book an appointment with Jen Wyant at: [email protected]growingchefsontario.ca.
- Conference Packages: Did you know we had formal boardroom and that we are ready to host your next Corporate gathering? Our boardroom table seats 15 people comfortably and we offer two conference packages to keep you well fed:
- The Basic package is $45 per person +HST.
- Our Optimal package is $55 per person +HST.
- With the purchase of either food package, the room rental fee will be a nominal $100; the room rental only fee is $300+HST
- As a Social-Enterprise, all proceeds raised from private and corporate events flow directly back into our School Project initiative.
- Cater Requests: We are not a typical catering company, as we have a very small staff, and our needs are spread across our full time programming schedule. We prefer to host events in our own space, as our venue is available to rent, and easier for our Chefs to navigate. However, we do offer catering whenever possible! Please email Jen Wyant directly to discuss in detail and for a quote.
- Gratuity: We believe our prices are fair and with each bite you are supporting local farmers, food literacy and our London community! We do not add an automatic gratuity to your invoice, saving you 15 – 20% on your overall event, when compared to booking at local restaurants and hotels. Any additional funds provided are considered a direct donation to our School Project, and are provided a tax receipt for any amount over $25.
- As a reminder, our venue is not open to the public on a day-to-day basis as a full-service restaurant. Rather we are first and foremost, a teaching facility for children. Please remember that when booking your event here. Those that join us at our Headquarters location, do so because they believe in our mission to teach children about wholesome, healthy eating. Holding your private / corporate event in this space, helps us to reach that mission.
- In order to rent our facility privately, and to adequately staff your private event, we do require a minimum revenue spend of $1500+hst per event. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information and to discuss the endless possible menu options and availability, please contact Jen Wyant, Executive Administrator, at
[email protected]growingchefsontario.ca .
We look forward to welcoming you into our Headquarters!
Additional Venue Information:
- Accessibility: our washrooms are located on the second floor accessed via a staircase, therefore we cannot consider ourselves a fully accessible space (inside our historic old home).
- Patio: Our outdoor patio space is now licensed! Our patio is smoke-free.
- Payments: we accept cash, debit and credit (Visa, MC, Amex, Diners).
- Parking: we have 9 spaces in our small lot. For evening events, we have an additional 6 spaces in a small lot across the street; otherwise, there is street parking in the area, complimentary after 6 PM.