Please note: Due to ongoing Covid-19 safety protocols, Growing Chefs! Ontario Headquarters is currently closed. Our re-open plan is being discussed, and will be announced once confirmed, and will follow all current safety protocols.
For virtual offerings, please email Executive Administrator, Jen Wyant at: [email protected]growingchefsontario.ca.
At Growing Chefs! we believe food is to be enjoyed within the season it is grown! Our food is always fresh, local and seasonally inspired to guarantee deliciousness year-round.
As such, we prefer not to offer a stock list of menus, but rather work with each individual client to create a specialized menu using the freshest of ingredients available.
To provide some basics:
- Lunch packages generally range between $25-$40pp+hst, depending on the protein choice and number of courses desired.
- Dinner packages generally range between $40 – 75pp+hst, for the same.
Detailed menus and final costs to be decided upon after consultation with Executive Chef, Katherine Jones.
Take a look at some of our Event Options below:
- Wedding Packages: Wedding meals begin at $75pp+hst and include a 3‑course meal. To discuss full wedding options, please book an appointment with Jen Wyant at: [email protected]growingchefsontario.ca.
- Conference Package: Did you know we had formal boardroom and we’re ready to host your next Corporate gathering? Our boardroom table seats 16 comfortably and we offer two conference packages to keep you fed:
- The Basic package is $45 per person +HST.
- Optimal package is $55 per person +HST.
- With a food package, a rental fee for the room will not be charged on top. Otherwise, for room rental only, $300 +HST.
- Cooking Class Packages: Each private / corporate class promises a high-energy, hands-on experience, which includes excellent professional Chef-led instruction! It is a true team-building experience, approximately 3 – 4 hours in duration, followed by a plated or family-style seated meal. These classes accommodate a minimum of 12 people, to a maximum of 24 people, in order for the full experience to be enjoyed by all. If your group is larger than 24, we are able to modify an a class that will work for your numbers; please contact us directly for a detailed discussion.
- Private / Corporate cooking classes are $90 per person +HST, and we are willing to accommodate your preferred themes and menu choices (seasonally applicable).
- As a Social-Enterprise, all proceeds raised from private and corporate events flow directly back into our School Project initiative.
- Cater Requests: We are not a typical catering company, as we have a very small staff, and our needs are spread across our full time programming schedule. We prefer to host events in our own space, as our venue is available to rent, and easier for our Chefs to navigate. Though we do offer catering whenever possible! Please email directly to discuss in detail and for a quote.
- Gratuity: We believe our prices are fair and with each bite you are supporting local farmers, food literacy and our London community! We do not add an automatic gratuity to your invoice, saving you 15 – 20% on your overall event, when compared to booking at local restaurants and hotels. Any additional funds provided are considered a direct donation to our School Project, and are provided a tax receipt for any amount over $25.
- As a reminder, our venue is not open to the public on a day-to-day basis as a full-service restaurant. Rather we are first and foremost, a teaching facility for children. Please remember that when booking your event here. Those that join us in our HQ, do so because they believe in our mission, to teach children about wholesome, healthy eating. Holding your private / corporate event in this space, helps us reach our mission.
For more information and to discuss the endless possible menu options and availability, please contact Jen Wyant, Executive Administrator, at
[email protected]growingchefsontario.ca .
We look forward to welcoming you into our Headquarters!
Additional Venue Information:
- Accessibility: our washrooms are located on the second floor accessed via a staircase, therefore we cannot consider ourselves a fully accessible space (in our historic old home).
- Patio: Our outdoor patio space is now licensed! Our patio is also smoke-free.
- Payments: we accept cash, debit and credit cards (Visa, MC, Amex, Diners).
- Parking: we have 8 spaces in our small lot. For evening events, we have an additional 4 spaces in a small lot across the street; otherwise, there is street parking in the area, complimentary after 6 PM.