As Growing Chefs! Ontario's priority focus will always be our food education programming, private events (and private caterings) can & will only be booked in and around our education programming schedule.
In order to rent our facility privately and adequately staff your private event, we do require a minimum revenue spend of $1000+hst per event. This also pertains to outside cater requests.
Growing Chefs! Ontario is fully licensed, meaning a cash or host bar is available for all your event needs. We work with various local wine and craft beer companies to bring you the tastiest beverages our region has to offer. We also now hold a catering endorsement, allowing us to take our bar to your catered events, when applicable.
Rooms and Capacity
- HQ: Utilizing the entire space (2 separate floors), our beautiful, historic building holds a maximum of 120 people for a standing reception, or a maximum of 60 people for a seated dinner event. If including the outside patio space, this number can increase a further 30ppl.
- Cooking Classrooms (2): Teaching capacity for a minimum of 14 people, up to a maximum of 24 people; our Adult cooking classes make an excellent Corporate Team Building experience!
- NEW! Demo/Bar Classroom: A recent renovation has allowed for an additional teaching space, with flexibility to creating a roaming bar for events.
- Dining Room: seated capacity 36
people; standing reception capacity is 50 people.
- Boardroom: Seated capacity for a formal board meeting is 16 people; seated, theatre-style maximum is 30 people; standing reception capacity is 30 people.
To learn a little more about the specific types of event options we offer, click here.
Additional Important Notes:
- Regarding accessibility: our washrooms are located on the second floor accessed via a staircase, therefore we cannot consider ourselves a fully accessible space (in our historic old home).
- Our outdoor patio space is NOW licensed!
- For payments, we accept credit cards (Visa, MC, Amex, Diners), cash & NOW DEBIT TOO!!!
- Parking note: we have @8 spaces in our small lot; for evening events, we have an additional @4 spaces in a small lot across the street; otherwise, there is street parking in the area, complimentary after 6pm. We are also very near Beal Secondary and CCH schools which have large lots.