Gift in Your Will
You can make Food Education a priority now and in the future!
There are many different ways to make a planned gift. Planned gifts can be tailored to your personal and financial circumstances. The most common type of planned gift is a charitable bequest in a person’s Will. A gift in your Will to Growing Chefs! Ontario can help us change the way future generations learn about cooking, food and nutrition.
While we continue to make strides in tackling the out dated and ineffective ways we teach children, youth and families about cooking and food skills, we have much more work to do! Your gift would help us get there and make food education a priority!
Your legacy gift, whatever its size, will help improve access to innovative cooking and food skills programs for future generations.
What you need to know
A charitable bequest to Growing Chefs! Ontario in your will is one of the most popular and simple ways of ensuring that your values and beliefs live on to benefit future generations. Whether you are having your first will drafted, or are revising your current will, including a bequest to Growing Chefs! Ontario is easier than you think.
1. Contact your lawyer, financial advisor or tax consultant today to discuss your options. They will take care of the details!
2. Tell us you are making a gift to us in your will. This ensures us the chance to say thank you and we can answer any questions about where your gift will go!
3. Know that you are making food education matter for generations to come!
Sample wording for wills:
1. I direct my Executor(s) to donate ______% of the residuals of my Estate to Growing Chefs! Ontario Society for the highest priority need in the absolute discretion of the Directors of Growing Chefs! Ontario Society.
2. I direct my Executor(s) to donate to Growing Chefs! Ontario Society the sum of $_____ to be used for the highest priority need as determined in the absolute discretion of the Directors of Growing Chefs! Ontario Society
3. I direct my Executor(s) to donate to Growing Chefs! Ontario Society the sum of $_____ (or_____% of my residue) to be used for the purpose of _____________ (examples could include: School Food Education Project, Growing Communities Project, or another program at Growing Chefs! Ontario, etc.), provided that if such purpose ceases to exist or ceases to be provided by Growing Chefs! Ontario Society, then the legacy shall not fail but the Directors of Growing Chefs! Ontario Society shall use such legacy for a purpose which most closely resembles the purpose set out above.
4. I direct my Executor(s) to donate to Growing Chefs! Ontario Society, _____________ (real estate, securities, etc.) for the highest priority need as determined in the absolute discretion of the Directors of Growing Chefs! Ontario Society.
The information on this page is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice and assistance from your lawyer, financial advisor or tax consultant. We recommend that you discuss your plans and your will wording with your lawyer and/or financial advisor before proceeding with any gift in your will.
As our needs change from year to year, it is appreciated if an “undesignated” gift can be made. If restrictions are placed on your gift, they should be made generally and with some flexibility or an “out” clause, should the need no longer exist at the time of your death (please see option No. 3 as an example of this flexibility).
Do you have questions, or would like more information? Contact us! Call 226-700-2061 or email Andrew@growingchefsontario.ca. Our charitable registration number is: 85895 9026 RR0001.