The Whole Hog
Guest Chef Thompson Tran, of Kitchener's Wooden Boat Food Company, presents
The Whole Hog: A 6-Course Fundraising Dinner for Growing Chefs! Ontario. In collaboration with Jamie Waldron, of J. Waldron Butchers and author of The Home Butchering Handbook, along with our Growing Chefs! team, Chef Thompson will highlight the practice of zero-waste butchery by utilizing the entire animal, from snout to tail. Building on the resounding success of the 'The Whole Sturgeon' fundraising dinner in 2018, things are about to get a whole lot meatier!
- Saturday, October 5, 2019
- 6 - 9pm
- 460 King Street, London ON (Growing Chefs! HQ)
- $100 per person
- For Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/the-whole-hog-guest-chef-thompson-tran-tickets-68528114435
· our washrooms are located on our second level, accessed via stairwell, therefore we are not considered an accessible space (in our historic old home/venue)
· a cash bar serving local wine and craft beer will be available - cash or credit accepted (no debit)
· due to the nature of a set menu, if you have ANY dietary restrictions or allergies please contact us well in advance of the event with specific requests, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More about our Guest Chef:
Chef Thompson and Growing Chefs! Ontario founder, Andrew Fleet, began working together in 2007 at NU and C restaurants in Vancouver, B.C. Their shared passions for promoting sustainable food choices and food education lead them to volunteer with the original Growing Chefs! B.C. When Andrew moved his family back to London in 2008 to launch Growing Chefs! Ontario, they vowed to continue collaborating as their individual projects grew.
Chef Thompson opened his boutique catering company: Wooden Boat Food Company, specializing in Vietnamese and French fare, in Port Moody, B.C. in 2015, then expanded to Kitchener, Ontario in 2018, and St. Jacobs with Mekong Brasserie in 2019. He has opened a highly regarded take-out Vietnamese eatery/Ghost Kitchen in Kitchener, filled with food entrepreneurs and professional Chefs specializing in delicious and unique Vietnamese Banh Mi and other street-style food. Chef Thompson's award-winning flagship sauces, including NUOC CHAM, can be found in over 200 retailers in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Chef Thompson has worked in both the private and public sector of the food industry and has spent many years honing his skills at several prestigious restaurants in Vancouver, namely: Bishop’s, Il Giardino and Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club.
Chef Thompson can be seen providing lively and engaging, information-packed cooking demonstrations in BC and Ontario throughout the year. Keep up with Chef Thompson and The Wooden Boat Food Company by visiting the website: https://woodenboatfoodcompany.com/.