Position Title: Event Curator / Facility Coordinator
Reporting To: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time
Wage: Based on experience
Applications Due by: January 20th, 2017
Start Date: Upon Hire
Growing Chefs! Ontario is a registered charity based in London, Ontario that unites chefs, growers, educators and community members in children’s food education projects. Our mission is to get kids excited about wholesome healthy food, and to build and maintain a healthy, empowered community that is engaged with our food system.
Growing Chefs! Ontario is hiring an Event Curator / Facility Coordinator to join our team as we open our new space at Auberge du Petit Prince Restaurant. Your primary role will be to organize and oversee all events in this space as well as facilitate the coordination of all on-site Growing Chefs! education programming, in collaboration with program leads. This participant would be tasked with developing and implementing service systems and other protocol to be used by event staff as well as acting as chair for the volunteer event planning committee. Long-term work experience in the food service industry as a service manager or similar experiences are strong assets for this position. This is an exciting opportunity to gain further experience in a supervisory role and help develop Growing Chefs! community and event programming. It will offer the successful candidate an inside view of the workings of a registered charity and experience applicable to both the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
- Space coordination: Navigating/ facilitating scheduling requirements for Special Events, School Lunch Program, and all Growing Chefs! education programming.
- Strong contribution to event design and implementation.
- Chairing the event planning committee.
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients. (Plan, organize, direct, evaluate)
- Overseeing all facility care, cleaning, maintenance, etc
- Implementation and documentation of "use of space" procedures.
- Participate as a member of designated Growing Chefs! Ontario Committees, taking part in all related meetings.
- Meet with Executive Director or designate regularly to report progress.
- Develop effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and community members, and the Growing Chefs! Ontario Board of Directors and committees
- Abide by the personnel policies and guidelines of Growing Chefs! Ontario.
- Fundraising/sponsorship recruitment: Aid in reaching project sponsorship/fundraising targets.
- Designing and implementing service systems, protocol and training for additional staff.
- Aid in hiring and managing event staff.; Schedule staff hours and assign duties
- Responsible for sourcing/ ordering all bar product (with an emphases on local, small scale retailers wherever possible)
- Keep budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions
- Support in other administration requirements relating to facility/ event coordination.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service
- Document all experiences, work plans, and training sessions as requested.
- Submit activity reports to the Executive Director as requested.
Skills & Experience
- Long-term work experience in the food service industry as a service manager.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to set priorities, develop work schedules, monitor progress towards goals, and track important information and activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Easily adaptable, solution oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Desire to work in a collaborative work space
- An interest in any or all of the following: cooking, sustainable food systems, community building, children’s programming
- Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit organization is an asset
- Up to date Smart Serve and Food Safe certification
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is January 20, 2017, but the assessment of applicants will be made on an ongoing basis and continue until a hire is made.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted