Hiring - Driver!
Growing Chefs! Ontario is a registered charity based in London, Ontario that unites Chefs, growers, educators and community members in children’s food education projects. Our mission is to get kids excited about healthy wholesome food and to build and maintain a healthy, empowered community that is engaged with its food system.
As we continue to thrive in our new space, through program expansions and increased activity at our Headquarters (HQ), we find we are in need of additional hands of support! Therefore, Growing Chefs! Ontario is now hiring a part time, salaried position as a Delivery Driver / Maintenance Coordinator to join our team at 460 King Street, London.
The Delivery Driver / Maintenance Coordinator will report jointly to the Head Chef and Facility Director and will be required to execute the daily delivery of hot lunches to schools and daycares, representing Growing Chefs! to our clients and in the community. As well, this role will help to ensure that our Headquarters space is properly cleaned and maintained daily.
This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the continued growth and sustainability of a local, non-profit organization.
- Load, transport and deliver lunches to clients in a safe, timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service and handle client inquiries or concerns appropriately
- Adhere to assigned routes and follow dedicated time schedules
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a safe driving record
- Prepare reports or documents relating to deliveries
- Routine indoor maintenance of facility (cleaning and minor repairs as required)
- Restock supply cupboards
- Laundry responsibilities
- Outdoor seasonal maintenance
- Local errands as required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Growing Chefs! staff, volunteers and community members
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Safe food handling certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Ability to walk, drive, lift and carry heavy items for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and solutions-oriented
- Meet with the Head Chef / Facility Director and/or Facility Administrator on a regular basis to coordinate facility management and share information updates
- Abide by all personnel policies and guidelines as prescribed by Growing Chefs! Ontario
- Able to work independently and as part of the Growing Chefs! Ontario team
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience working or volunteering for a non-profit is an asset
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence
Please send cover letter and resume via email to the attention of our Facility Director, Jen Wyant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Monday, July 30th. Interviews will be scheduled for the following week: Aug. 1 & 2.
While we appreciate the time and enthusiasm of all applicants, only those selected for interview will be contacted.