As Growing Chefs! Ontario's priority focus will always be our food education programming, private events can only be booked in and around our programmimg schedule.
In order to rent our facility privately and adequately staff your private event, we do require a minimum revenue threshold of $1000 per event.
Growing Chefs! Ontario is fully licensed so a cash or host bar is available for all your event needs. We are also able to create a signature cocktail for your function if desired, to perfectly pair with your corporation or event theme.
Rooms and Capacity
- HQ: Utilizing the entire space (2 floors), our beautiful,historic building holds a maximum of 120 people for a standing reception, or a maximum of 60 people for a seated dinner.
- Cooking Classes (2): Teaching capacity 12 children per room;or 8 adults per room; for a maximum fully interactive cooking experience for 16 adults.
- Dining Room: seated capacity 36 people; standing reception capacity is 50 people.
- Boardroom Capacity: Seated capacity for a formal board meeting is 16 people; theatre-style maximum is 30 people; standing reception capacity is 30 people.
- Etiquette Classroom/Private Dining Room: Seated capacity 12 people.
Additional Important Notes:
- Regarding accessibility: our washrooms are located on the second floor accessed via staircase, therefore we cannot consider ourselves a fully accessible space (in our historic old home).
- Our outdoor patio space is not licensed.
- For payments, we accept credit cards (Visa, MC, Amex, Diners) and cash; we cannot accept payment by debit cards at this time.
- Parking note: we have @8 spaces in our small lot; for evening events, we have an additional 8-10 spaces in a small lot across the street; otherwise, there is street parking in the area, complimentary after 6pm. We are also very near Beal Secondary and CCH schools which have large lots.