You’ve come to the right place!
Here is where you can learn about the program that best suits the needs of your children, school, class, or community group. The image below is a timeline of our programming in the 2017-18 school year. Read below the graphic for brief descriptions, then click the links for full details and applications.
- For individual grade 4-8 classes. Come to our HQ to experience multiple aspects of a local food system all in one place - a learning garden, a kitchen, a restaurant, and more!
- For individual grade 1-3 classes. Children will work with the Growing Chefs! team to make a delicious 3 course meal together using food they purchased from the local growers at the market.
In Your School
- This one is for the entire school! The Growing Chefs! Team visits a school twice to provide grade-appropriate, interactive cooking & food literacy lessons to all school classrooms from JK to grade 8.
- Here we invite students and their families back to your school for an evening to make a delicious feast from scratch. Using curriculum linked interactive cooking activities, the environment is intentionally set to allow children the opportunity to show their interests and capabilities.
- None of our other programs sound like quite the right fit? We’ve still got you covered!
For community groups who want to have fun and expand their food skills! We can facilitate a food education session centred around your group's’ particular needs.
You can come to us or we can come to you!
- Summer day camp for children aged 7-11 or 12-14. Join us for a week of all things food, with special emphasis on how we fit into a local food system. Campers will build culinary skills, experince an organic farm, and all sorts of other exciting food-related activities!
- Looking for more outside of our regular educational programs? You can sign up for our monthly classes designed for children, families and community members.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.