Peach Cooking Class Recipes
- Baked Peaches
- Peach Upside Down Cake
- Peach Basil Flatbread
- Peach Salsa
Cinnamon Baked Peaches
- 5 Peaches
- 10 tsp Brown Sugar
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Sugar
Preheat oven to 375. Split peaches in half and remove stones. Place peach halves in 9x13" dish. Fill each with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Cut butter into ½ tablespoon pats and place on top of each peach half. In a small dish combine cinnamon and sugar and mix well. Sprinkle each with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
Peach Upside Down Cake
- 3 peaches, peeled, thinly sliced, about 2 cups of slices
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
Heat oven to 325 F. Butter a 9-inch square or round cake pan or spray with baking spray.
Peel and pit the peaches, slice thinly and toss with the brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Arrange the peach mixture in the prepared baking pan.
Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk; beat just until blended.
Spoon the batter evenly over the peach slices; gently spreading to cover.
Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Carefully invert the hot cake onto a platter or cake plate; let stand for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan and scrape up any fruit slices clinging to the pan and arrange them over the cake.
Peach and Basil Flatbread with Mozzarella and Proscuitto
- 4 whole-wheat naan flatbreads
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place flatbreads on two baking sheets and drizzle each with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Top with mozzarella, peaches, prosciutto, and ¼ cup basil, and season with salt and pepper.
Bake until crust is crisp and golden and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup basil. Cut each pizza into quarters and serve immediately.
- 2 lbs Peaches
- ½ cup Red Onion, Diced Very Fine
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced Very Fine
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Minced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Dash Of Salt
- Juice Of 1 Lime
Chop the peaches into small pieces and throw them into a bowl with all the other ingredients and stir. Taste and add a little more salt and chili powder if you prefer. Serve with tortilla chips!