Growing Chefs! at Forest City Road Races
Was one of your New Years' Resolutions to get healthy in 2018? US TOO!
We have joined forces with the reknowned Forest City Road Races as a partner charity... and in doing so, we have committeed a number of our staff, friends and family to run on our behalf!
If you too are planning to run, and would like to help us raise funds for food education, here are a few simple steps:
- Register as normal for your desired race; all registration fees paid are donated to Thames Valley Children’s Centre
- If you would like to make an additional, personal, donation to Growing Chefs!, choose us from the drop-down menu at this time (your chosen donation amount will be added to your final check out total)
- If you are willing to collect pledges on behalf of Growing Chefs! (with our thanks!), this must be set up after paying for your own registration
- Once your registration is paid, you will be redirected to your personal page
- Click on “edit my page” to add a personal photo, a personal message, etc…
- This is also where you choose Growing Chefs to direct your collected pledges to
- If at any time you have questions, call us at HQ and we will do all we can to help: 519-679-4769
If you would prefer to simply support / pledge our runners, here is a beginning list of runners and their pages (let us know of any new runners collecting funds and we can add their pages here too!):
- Becca Minielly - Projects & Volunteer Coordinator ~ running the half marathon!
- Marianne Griffith - Facility Coordinator & Educational Assistant ~ running 5K!
- Chad Wyant - (Jen Wyant, Facility Director's husband... she's too lazy to do it herself!) ~ running half marathon!
- Tommy Turner - Fundraising Committee member & GCO community supporter